The CFChef program is an online nutrition resource that allows those touched by cystic fibrosis to share and receive support, recipes and meal tips.
1/2 pound bacon
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped carrots
4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups chicken broth
2 cups whole milk
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
12 chopped russet potatoes
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon butter
Sour cream, salt, pepper to taste
- Fry bacon in a skillet and place on paper towel to drain.
- Preserve 2 tablespoons of bacon grease in skillet.
- Add celery, carrot, butter and onion to skillet and sauté for about 5 minutes or until they soften.
- Add flour and stir.
- Whisk in broth, heavy whipping cream and milk.
- Add potatoes and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add cheese and stir.
- Season as desired with salt and pepper.
- Add garnish as desired with crumbled bacon, sour cream, and extra cheddar cheese.
Calories: 640 calories per serving
Fat: 36 g
Protein: 18 g
Calcium: 285 mg
The content on Chef4CF.com is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Brand names of any ingredients in a recipe on this site are the intellectual property of their respective owners. The ingredient brands mentioned on this site are for reference only and no brand has endorsed or sponsored Chef4CF.com and no affiliation exists. If desired, generic ingredients that have equivalent nutritional value to the brand name ingredients can be substituted.