The CFChef program is an online nutrition resource that allows those touched by cystic fibrosis to share and receive support, recipes and meal tips.
6 flour tortillas (medium)
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons taco seasoning
1/2 pound ground beef
1 package madras lentils or veggie chili
8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup chopped tomatoes
6 tablespoons guacamole
6 tablespoons sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Cut 6 medium tortilla shells in half.
- In a bowl, melt 1 tablespoon of butter and mix in 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning.
- Use a pastry brush to coat the tortilla shells on one side with the butter/taco seasoning mix.
- Form to fit into a cupcake tin by folding into a cone like shape with as flat of a bottom as you can get. The side you brushed with butter is the "inside" of the boat.
- Bake 400 degrees for 9 minutes.
- Taco filling: brown ground beef and mix with remaining 2 tablespoon of taco seasoning (adjust amount to liking).
- Drain excess oil.
- Heat package of lentil mix or veggie chili.
- Add meat to taco boat.
- Add a spoonful of lentil mix/veggie chili.
- Add chopped tomatoes, lettuce, guacamole, sour cream and shredded cheese to individuals liking.
- This will make 12 small taco boats (we plan for 1 boat a child; 2 for an adult).
Calories: 517 calories per serving
The content on Chef4CF.com is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Brand names of any ingredients in a recipe on this site are the intellectual property of their respective owners. The ingredient brands mentioned on this site are for reference only and no brand has endorsed or sponsored Chef4CF.com and no affiliation exists. If desired, generic ingredients that have equivalent nutritional value to the brand name ingredients can be substituted.